We are pleased to inform you that Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi is organizing two weeks “Faculty Development Program on Entrepreneurship” at its campus at Ranchi,
Batch I : 24th September – 6th October, 2018 and
Batch II : 10th December – 22nd December, 2018
The Faculty Development Program aims at equipping the teachers with skills and knowledge that are essential for inculcating entrepreneurial values in students and guiding, motivating and monitoring their progress towards entrepreneurial career.
The Faculty Development Program will be useful for the faculty members of University, Engineering, Polytechnic, Management, Science Collages and NGO functionaries, who want to float courses, training programs and workshops on entrepreneurship development and wish to become the motivators, trainers and facilitators of entrepreneurship.
We would like to request you to nominate one or two (maximum) faculty members to make the deliberations enriching and rewarding.Download Registration Form | Brochure
About the Department
For all-round development of an area or a person, the need of economic development is a must. Once the pace of economic development is generated and maintained, the other aspects of development follow automatically. Xavier Institute of Social Service realized the fact since very inception and acted favorably towards it. Consequently it became one of the leading institutions in entrepreneurship promotion in India and abroad. With the experience, enriched knowledge, and sufficient infrastructure, XISS, is keen to accept the challenge of training of unemployed youths for their self-reliance.
Department of Entrepreneurship Development Programs of XISS, Ranchi is conducting various Entrepreneurship development programs and skill development programs of National level since 1974. Since then the institute has conducted more than three hundred (306) Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDPs) and vocational training programs sponsored by apex funding agencies like, Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI), Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI), National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI), National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD), Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), National Scheduled caste Finance Development corporation (NSFDC), Department of Science & Technology (DST), including Department of Industries, Government of Bihar and Jharkhand.
EDP with a difference – “Tribal EDP”
The Entrepreneurship Development Department of XISS was initiated in mid 70s, with a prime objective of economic empowerment of Rural Tribal Youths of Jharkhand. The department, since its very inception, has established many milestones and became synonym for “Tribal EDP” not only at Jharkhand but at national level also. National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), Noida, an apex institution established by Government of India, to look after entrepreneurship promotion activities in India, included our input/course design of “Tribal EDP” in their Model Syllabi, a reference manual to be adopted by all EDP organizations of India. Department has moderate infrastructure with well qualified resource persons, to organize any kind of entrepreneurship or vocational training programs.
Department has witnessed glorious success in terms of number of direct & indirect jobs created and appreciation received. EDP department of XISS has not been confined to entrepreneurs merely, but have also organized Trainer’s Training Programs, Management Development Programs, Skill Vocational & Technology up gradation Programs, Teacher’s Training Programs to promote entrepreneurship in school level, Entrepreneurship Awareness programs for executives of Small & Medium Enterprise (SMEs), NGOs, GOs, Schools, Colleges and so on. The list of national and international organizations that provided us financial and other supports is long and needless to mention here. However, few of them are: IDBI, IFCI, ICICI, SIDBI, NABARD, MHRD, DST, DI, TWD, IGSSS, MISERIOR, etc.
Department has a separate premises situated about one and half kilometer away from the Institute, where it has its own separate office, sufficient training rooms and class rooms with residential facilities. It can accommodate about 40 persons at a time.
As we are among the reputed B Schools, we have a good back up of full time faculties with the background of Sociology, Economics, Management, Marketing, Finance, Commerce & Agriculture, Engineering, etc. There is one full time faculty exclusively for the department assisted by three well qualified and experienced training officers.
Since its inception, department is engaged in the following activities pertaining to entrepreneurship promotion and research:
- Capacity building of SHG members for Micro Enterprise Development (MED).
- Organizing TTPs for agencies providing services for MED or working as MFI.
- Organize Awareness Camps, Seminars, workshops, Trainer’s meet, etc.
- Organizing all types of EDPs/ SIMAP/ & short term Managerial (MDPs) Training Programs
- Organizing Teacher’s Training Programs to promote EDPs
- Provide consultancy services to existing entrepreneurs, NGOs, VOs and GOs.
- Publications of materials related to Entrepreneurship
- Research and Development in the field of Entrepreneurship.
- Working as resource unit for other EDP related Institutions
Till date the department has conducted more than three Hundred EDP programs and has imparted training to 7300 plus participants. The details are provided in the table below:
|Year||No. of Programs||No. of Participants|
Milestones of the Department
- Received grant from IDBI, IFCI and ICICI for setting up Rural Entrepreneurship Development Institute (REDI). The present campus has been acquired in 1984 with the grant received.
- The department celebrated its silver jubilee in the year 1999. A seminar on the topic “Challenges and opportunities in Rural Entrepreneurs Development in the New Millennium” was organized on the occasion with financial assistance from NABARD & SIDBI
- In the year 2000, a certificate course in Small Industries Management has been introduced in assistance with SIDBI for SSI personnel and for graduate youths. The prime objective of the program was to prepare trained manager for Small Scale Industries (SSI), whom SSIs can afford. Four successful batches have already been competed as yet and a good number of trained students have been recruited by SSI sector.
- Received Award of the best Entrepreneurship Development Training Centre of Jharkhand of year 2012-13 by KVIC, Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprise Government of India.
- Our EDP participant Ms. Minu Rakshit, Proprietor, M/s Eco Herbal Handmade Soap & Oil, received Award for the best Entrepreneur of Jharkhand in 2013
KVIC has given us the status of Nodal Agency for EDP Training in Jharkhand for Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP). Our program design for Tribal EDP have been honored & included in Model Syllabi published by National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development, (NIESBUD), New Delhi. We have assisted Department of Vocational Training, Government of Jharkhand in preparing the Training Manual. IDBI, SIDBI, NABARD, CAPART and Government of India, have identified us, as resource center for Rural and Tribal Entrepreneurship.
The EDP department has achieved an average success rate of more than 60% in the Entrepreneurship Development Programs, and 80-90 % in skill development programs conducted during 1974 – 2015.
A Small Success Story
Follow Xavier Institute of Social Service’s board Entrepreneurship Development Program on Pinterest.